Physical Assistance in Winter park
Physiotherapists are dedicated to restoring the health of seniors who have lost mobility, function, or strength as a consequence of an accident, stroke, heart attack, prosthetic surgery, or other illness. This recovery may be either partial or complete, depending on the nature and degree of the disability.
Giving a physical service at home gives patients several benefits over similar treatment in a hospital. Learning to safely walk or manage daily activities again is easier at home, in a comfortable, familiar atmosphere.
In-home physical therapy services near me in New York
Physical therapy services near me are ideal for patients who live in New York City and suffer from conditions:
- balance problems;
- frequent falls;
- back or joint pain;
- heart failure;
- problems with walking;
- knee or hip replacement.
Being able to move freely is a great blessing. If your elderly parent has begun to experience signs of immobility or loss of function, our experts at Physical Therapy Service are here to help.
What does a physical therapist do?
Physiotherapists are medically trained people specializing in restoring physical functioning or mobility. During the first visit, an expert will assess the patient's condition. This evaluation will be the basis for an individualized treatment plan that takes into account the elderly person's healthcare needs for follow-up visits.
What physical therapy services are offered at home?
The home therapy plan usually includes:
- Physical assistance to improve mobility and the ability to walk.
- Balance training and fall prevention,
- Training to get up and down safely from chairs, beds, tubs, etc.
- Adapted exercise routines.
- Home safety instruction.
Additional services include anesthesia and advice on specialized durable equipment.
How can home physical therapy help?
In-home physical therapy is helpful for the number of reasons listed below:
- Personalized one-on-one care: the therapist focuses on one person.
- Friendly environments: it's easier to re-learn how to walk or cope with everyday tasks in an environment your parent already knows by heart.
- Focus on the fundamentals: home physical therapy by default focuses on the fundamentals, not on medical tests and devices. An individualized exercise plan will help the patient get up and moving faster than over-reliance on technology.
- Fewer stresses: few people like waiting rooms. In-home medical care is less stressful.
- Comparable outcomes: at least one study has shown that home physical therapy can produce results that compare with those of other outpatient programs.
What's the best way to start home physical therapy?
At-home assistance physical therapy in NYC is an important first step toward your loved one's health and independence. Please contact us for more information and to find out if your elderly parent is eligible for physical therapy and home rehabilitation. Our specialist care requires a doctor's referral.